Dru Yoga Foundation Course
The Dru Yoga Online Foundation course is ideal for everyone who is looking for self-development and improved health and wellbeing. As well as increasing strength and flexibility the purpose of yoga is to create inner stability and fulfilment, essential for living a meaningful life.
The Foundation Course is the first part of the Dru Yoga 200 hour Teacher Training diploma course, and, upon completion, you will have the option to continue on to train as a Dru Yoga teacher.
45 years ago a group of university students discovered a shared vision to create a more positive world. Today Dru is an inspired global community committed to giving back to the world. As a social enterprise we are dedicated to transforming the world by giving people the tools to transform themselves. These tools include yoga, meditation and ayurveda. So for us, yoga isn't just about movement - it's a tool to balance and heal every part of your body and mind.
‘Yoga is not about touching your toes it’s about what you learn on the way down.’
The course will introduce you to the principles and practices of Dru Yoga through interactive sessions and recorded materials. It will provide you with everything you need for a successful personal yoga practice.
- Open to students in the UK and internationally
- Live guidance and input from multi-disciplinary yoga experts
- Do the online course content where and when it suits you
- Study in segments so it fits into your lifestyle
Total Interactive time 49 hours
- In between the course dates, each Monday you will receive an email that will give you access to your weekly yoga practice. Over the course this amounts to approximately 30 hours of teaching and instructional videos. Together with supporting written material you will be able to learn at your own pace.
- To add to your learning we offer a once a month small group tutorial with one of the course tutors. You will be able to connect and discuss your yoga practice.
- You will have access to the Dru Learning Hub for the duration of the course.
Day 1: April 30 - Online
Day 2: May 14 - Blended
Day 3: June 11 - Online
Day 4: July 9 - Blended
Day 5: July 30 - Online
Day 6: August 20 - Blended (London only - August 27)
Light Centre Belgravia
7-9 Eccleston Street, Belgravia, London, SW1W 9LX
Scotland - Stirling
Iris Murdoch Building
University of Stirling, Stirling, FK9 4NF
Scotland - Aberdeenshire
East Cairnhill Farm
Culsalmond, AB52 6UU
Waterside, Old Ferry Road, Saltash, PL12 4GT
Registration fee due on completion of application
5 x £170
Principles of Dru Yoga
- Principles of activation
- Energy Block Release sequence (EBR 1)
- Body preparation
- Establishing a regular practice
- Mechanics of breathing
- Diaphragmatic breathing
- Vertical alignment
- Vyaghrasana - tiger
- Adho mukha svanasana—downward facing dog
- Utkatasana - chair of the heart
- Balasana - child
- Parighasana - beam
- Simple inversion
- Uttanasana - standing forward bend
- Paschimottanasana—sitting forward bend
- Janusirsasana - head to knee pose
- Makarasana—the crocodile
- Dru Prithvi Namaskara - Salutations to the Earth
- Dru Surya Namaskara - Salutation to the Sun
- An introduction to meditation
- How to sit properly
- Ajna centring
Anatomy and Physiology
- Overview of the nine systems
- The muscular system
- The skeletal system
- The moving spine
- Introduction to the koshas
- Introduction to the chakras
Principles of Dru Philosophy
- A brief history of yoga
- Patanjali’s Eight Limbs of Yoga
- The Yamas and Niyamas
We will explore the fundamentals of Dru yoga including Asana, Yoga sequences, Energy Block Release, Pranayama, an introduction to the Chakras, Meditation and Relaxation.
The Foundation course is part of the Dru Yoga 200 hour Teacher Training diploma course. Upon completion of the Foundation course, you have the option to continue on to train as a Dru Yoga teacher.
You will be introduced to the principles of Dru Yoga through interactive sessions and recorded materials. It will provide you with everything you need for successful personal yoga practice.
Your next step
Ask questions & have a chat!
Join us on this journey of awakening to access your inner strength and joy. Experience your invincible nature!
Call Alison 07557222648
Email the team email@example.com
What people say...
About the Dru Yoga Teacher Training Course
Start a wonderful period of in-depth learning, building personal and professional skills and establishing new friendships. Now is the time to embark on an exciting journey of self-discovery!
Whatever your yoga ambitions, you’ll find that Dru Yoga is an empowering, energising and balancing approach to vitality, health and well-being.
With many hundreds in training each year, we are now one of the largest yoga organisations. You can be confident that your training:
- registered 200 hour with the Yoga Alliance
- is based on a comprehensive, in-depth syllabus
- offers free, unlimited access to online video resources to support you during the course
- is recognised by both national and international yoga organisations
- leads to membership of a vibrant global network of Dru teachers.
It's all about YOU!
Self-development is the conscious pursuit of personal growth