Postgrad Yoga for Kids & Teens in Scotland - Sept 2019
Dru Kids and Teens
Dru Kids & Teens (DKT) teacher training is a 3-day intensive course (non-residential) designed to ignite a passion to work with children/teenagers and make a real difference in the world. Add another string to your bow by training as a DKT yoga teacher!
Who is this course for?
This course is for qualified Dru Yoga teachers and student Dru Yoga teachers who can practise once gaining their Dru Yoga qualification. On this intensive course you'll gain all the skills necessary to teach in a range of different environments, covering the following topics:
- How to make yoga fun, engaging, meaningful and safe.
- Essential concepts in child psychology and development.
- Different approaches and content for the various age groups.
- How to manage and structure classes for different groups.
- Adapting EBRs and sequences for children of all ages.
- Yoga stories, activations, games, massages, relaxations, pranayama, meditations.
- Yogic philosophy for teens.
- Ways to introduce yoga to childcare centres, schools, colleges, yoga centres and into the community.
- Marketing strategies and business matters.
To be eligible for the Dru Kids & Teens teacher training you need to be either a DYTT graduate or have passed your DYTT interim assessment.
Be prepared for lots of laughter, inspiration, yoga play, creative expression and fun!
You’ll receive a newly revised colour manual with lesson plans, games, developmental and health information, legal and safety advice.