Postgrad - Yoga nidra
Yoga Nidra literally means yogic sleep. More precisely, it is the art of deeply relaxing body and mind so that the thought processes slow down completely while remaining conscious throughout. In the last few years Yoga Nidra has gained popularity as a therapeutic tool to alleviate stress and anxiety. A skilled yoga therapist herself, Nanna Coppens will facilitate a transformative and deeply nurturing experience against the backdrop of a greater understanding of the autonomic nervous system, the five koshas, breath work and the manifesting powers of our own mind.
This 12-hour course offers theory and practical application in the following areas:
- Yoga Nidra as a tool for transformation - how does it work?
- Understanding the fight-flight response
- The art of relaxing at will
- Exploring the body-breath-mind link
- The power of positive affirmation
- Creating habits to support physical and mental health & wellbeing
NB This is a CPD event, which will enable fully qualified yoga teachers to guide their students in the Yoga Nidra process as part of their yoga classes. However, this is not meant as a stand alone course to qualify as a Yoga Nidra therapist.