Join us in the beautiful Algarve this November to get some warm sunshine and inject inspiration into your yoga and meditation practice. If you're a Dru yoga and meditation teachers or have a strong personal sadhana, then we invite you to join us!
This relaxing six day spiritual retreat is located on a 15km golden beach between Albufeira and Vilamora. This retreat will be based on deepening your personal and teaching experience, based on Patanjali's Yamas and Niyamas - ancient guidelines to create a happy, healthy and authentic life.
On this special retreat, led by experienced Dru teacher trainers, you will:
1. take your yoga to deeper level through advanced posture and pranayama practice
2. expand your mind with wisdom from the ancient Vedic texts - Patanjali's Yoga Sutras and the Bhagavad Gita
3. learn the qualities of a spiritual seeker that will guide you through life's challenges
4. explore mudras to expand your meditation practice and create inner stillness and joy
5. enjoy mantra and sacred sound to transform your consciousness
6. relax in the warm sun with beach and cliff top walks, outdoor sessions and plenty of free time
This retreat is held in the large Alfamar Sport and Beach Hotel, a stone’s throw from a beautiful sandy beach with fabulous red cliffs. It’s the perfect location for long beach walks, sunrise meditations or a dip in the sea if you’re brave! We come again and again to this venue due to its excellent location, and although the hotel’s accommodation and food are of a simple standard, we find it suits our needs. The food is buffet style, with fresh salads and a vegetarian/vegan option at each meal.
The tutors on this retreat are Annie Jones (health and practical spirituality), Lalita Doerstel (yoga and mudras) and Jane Saraswati Clapham (meditation and mantra). We look forward to creating a magical retreat for you!