Postgrad Back Care & Wellbeing Course 2021
This research-based course is open to all qualified yoga teachers from any tradition and will cover common stress management and wellbeing issues centred around back pain, anxiety, depression and panic attacks.
You will learn easy-to-apply yoga solutions facilitating myofascial stretching, gradual muscle strengthening and healthy breathing. Practical application of the latest research around the many functions of the vagus nerve will give you a deep and nuanced understanding of the human relaxation response.
What does the course include?
- 20 hours live online teaching (and the downloadable replays of these sessions)
- Additional downloadable teaching sessions to engage with in your own time
- Working in small groups with tutor guidance on issues arising from case studies plus other topics drawn from yoga and medical understanding
- Comprehensive 50 page manual – including teaching plans, medical guidelines and background research
- All course materials including the course manual, video recordings and handouts are accessed via a Student Online Learning Platform called Thinkific
What will you learn?
- 3 extensive and progressive back care yoga programmes on which to base your classes
- programmes for wellbeing
- Trauma sensitive and compassionate teaching approach
- Insights into the latest research on the many functions of the vagus nerve, musculo-fascial release, the psoas muscle
- New approaches to using breathing and relaxation techniques
Where can it take you?
- This course will revolutionise the way you’re teaching your current yoga classes
- You will be confident to start teaching in companies or other workplace settings
- Based on the Social Prescribing model used in the UK, you will be confident dealing with other health professionals
How will the course be delivered?
We will meet up online on 2 & 3 October and 11 &12 December 2021. Each day will have 4.5 live contact hours. 9.30 am - 4pm with a morning tea and lunch break
There will be three pre-recorded videos to watch before the first Q&A panel tutorial on Tuesday 12th October
You will need to conduct your 4 - 6 week Back Care Class Case Study and write a reflective assignment on the case study to be handed in by 1 Dec
Between the October and December modules there will be 2 small group tutorial sessions to assist you in the conduct of your case study.
DATES FOR YOUR DIARY
Weekend 1 Saturday 2nd - Sunday 3rd Oct live online 9.30am - 4.15pm
Tutorial 1 - Q&A expert panel Tuesday 12th Oct 7 - 8pm
Tutorial 2 - between 18 - 22nd Oct - option for a day session Tues or Thurs 10 - 11am or an evening Mon or Wed 7-8pm.
Tutorial 3 - between 22 - 25th Nov - option for a day session Tues or Thurs 10 - 11am or an evening Mon or Wed 7pm.
1 December: Case Study Assignment due
Weekend 2 Saturday 11th - Sunday 12th Dec live online 9.30am - 4pm
How many CPD points will you get?
This course will give you 50 CPD points.
Other events you might be interested in...
Window of Wisdom #38 with Patricia Brown in Australia 27 October 2021
27 October, 2021. OnlineWhile you are at home, take 20 mins to be with Patricia in her series of Window of Wisdom talks. The 38th Window of Wisdom will be held on Wednesday... more
Module 2 & 3 Foundations of Ayurveda Course
26 November, 2021. Online & localSet the foundations to be fit, happy and healthy so you can live a long, happy, fulfilled life. Learn daily approaches to diet and nutrition,... more
Secrets of the Soul - Yogic Wisdom and the Bhagavad Gita Dec 2021
3 December, 2021. OnlineThe Bhagavad Gita — the timeless manual for successful living and spiritual realisation. It contains a detailed set of instructions on overcoming... more
Dru Yoga Prenatal Teacher Training - online post graduate course
6 May, 2022. OnlineWelcome to this Post graduate training certificate course in teaching Dru Yoga to pregnant women.